CITAC Africa Ltd is a UK-based, independent consultancy company focusing on the downstream African Energy market. Established in 1998, CITAC quickly gained the reputation of being the specialists in African energy. We have an unrivalled knowledge of refining, trading and petroleum products marketing in Africa, gained through years of direct experience in the downstream oil industry, and energy markets in the region. CITAC has extensive interests in both the Anglo and Francophone countries in Africa and clients including national oil and power companies, multinational companies, refineries, government departments, trading companies and private firms.
CITAC offers services in:
- Consulting and Market Analysis
Consulting and Market Analysis
We undertake project studies commissioned by our clients, some of whom have long-term retainer contracts with us. In 2006 CITAC was retained as commercial consultants to the African Refiners Association (ARA) and is active in organising the annual ARA Week - the foremost event in the African Downstream calendar.
The knowledge and experience of CITAC's senior partners represents an average of 30 years of involvement in the oil industry. All staff members and associate consultants have the relevant backgrounds and expertise to provide clients with a highly professional service.
In addition to its commissioned studies and reports, CITAC produces the following regular publications designed to keep clients up to date with developments in the downstream sector of energy markets in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- African Energy Market Reports (Quarterly, with monthly updates)
- Annual Review of Downstream Oil Sector in Sub-Saharan Africa
- A Study of oil Refining in Sub-Saharan Africa
These are available on a subscription basis. Please contact us for prices and subscription details.
CITAC Africa Ltd is the only training organisation specialised in Africa trading.
CITAC provides its clients, through high quality industry - specific training, with the necessary competencies to understand the market, improve performance and make a positive contribution.
The wide-ranging expertise of CITAC's staff and associated consultants enables both theoretical and practical training to be tailored to meet the client's requirements. This in-depth, intensive training takes the form of a mixture of classroom and practical activities.
CITAC offers training courses throughout Africa: in Ghana, Morocco and Kenya and, in both languages, English and French.
Contact CITAC to receive our training programme 2011/12.
The most extensive, authoritative and reliable data there is on the African downstream sector.
ADD+, the award-winning Africa Downstream Database, draws on CITAC's unequalled access to primary sources accessible with the latest online database tools.
ADD+ stores and can retrieve, sort and chart information on:
- African Countries' GDP data, foreign exchange and profile information.
- Supply and demand figures covering consumption, imports, exports and refinery output for refined oil products from LPG through to fuel oil and bitumen.
- Image library with an extensive library including such material as refinery flow charts, photographs and maps of installations, original text of government decrees.
- Pricing information on ex-refinery and inland pricing structures and pump prices of key commodities such as gasoline, kerosene and gasoil.
- African oil-related facilities including refineries, ports, tank storage facilities and pipelines, including unit capacity, ownership and contact details.
- Refined oil products specification for both official national specifications and typical product qualities in the market.
The database also permits users to create downloadable charts cross referencing GDP, supply/demand figures and local prices at the pump.
For price and licencing details please contact us.